Monday, February 19, 2007

What a fun Nascar race!

I sure enjoyed the Daytona 500 Race yesterday. Of course, my favorite driver # 55 didn't do well but the race was very exciting anyway. And the last few laps kept me on the edge of my seat. I was rooting for Mark Martin but that spectacular finish was one not to miss. And I can't imagine what it must have felt like for Clint Bowyer to cross the finish line as his car was screaming across the finish line upside down! I was very thankful that no one was hurt...especially as Dale Jr. was involved in that crash much like the wreck that took his dads life on that very track. Scary for a few moments. This is our scene out our front window early this morning...a beautiful sun filled day...again. No, we still have no snow. That's okay, I don't want any.
I have almost finished crafting my serving tray. The mosaic's are tiles I have cut from Japanese paper that I found in a fabulous shop at the Pike Place Market on the Seattle Waterfront.
After placing them where I thought they looked pretty I have covered them with a thick coat of pour on high gloss finish. The finish is so deep and beautiful it looks as though it is still wet. Waterproof, stain resistant and very pretty. I enjoyed this project so I think I will try a few different versions of this tray and see what I can come up with. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job, the tray looks very nice.
keewee

Phyllis said...

Wow, I'm impressed!
That is beautiful!

Copyright notice

All text, images and photographs, unless otherwise indicated, on this blog have been created by, and are the property of the blog owner. These images and words may not be copied, saved, reproduced in any form or distributed without written permission of the blog owner. Copyright 2015.