Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I think it's still winter!

I have found several of these plants trying to grow around the edge of the house in the last few weeks. I am not positive, but I believe they are snapdragons. I have found that if this plant is where it is even the slightest protected from the harsh weather, it maintains green growth all year round. We certainly will know for sure this spring.

I have had several reports from different locals as to just when spring makes it's arrival around this valley. Some say April, some say May. But several say you can plant your peas in March. So this coming spring will differently be a test for us to learn about the growing season here in Darby. I still haven't hooked up with the local garden club so maybe I can make some connections this week.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Copyright notice

All text, images and photographs, unless otherwise indicated, on this blog have been created by, and are the property of the blog owner. These images and words may not be copied, saved, reproduced in any form or distributed without written permission of the blog owner. Copyright 2015.