Monday, October 2, 2006

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT!!!!

Those of you that know me well, know that one of my proudest possessions is my 1964 Chevy Biscayne that I have had for the last 14 years. I am still in some form of shock...But I have just sold my Chevy to a very nice lady and her husband who live just around the block from us.

My car is still in need of some restoration and my good sense has been telling me that the years needed to finish her are going to be difficult to find. With our purchase of our 1941 Dodge I realize that if we restore him and purchase the Teardrop trailer to pull behind him to go on our camping adventures, that it will leave little time to restore my Chevy. Because I do not want to spend all of our time in the garage working on cars, this was a decision that I wanted to make. And believe me, this couple are very excited to own this car. They were the first party to respond to my ad and I have been flooded with calls for the last 2 days!!! It feels good to know that there are people out there who appreciate a great car too.

JW returned from a week in Chicago helping our friends that have a vintage airplane restoration company, to move some planes at the Chicago Museum of Flight and Science. He sure enjoyed himself but it's good to have him home to help me load the heavy stuff to take to Montana.

So we are back to the packing and moving business! Hopefully we will travel fewer miles this month than we did in September!!!

2 comments:

Ginco said...

Oh, I think I know just how you feel about parting with your Chevy, I simply cannot part with something of sentimental value to me - yet sometimes we have to. Hostagirl, at least you know "she's" in good and loving care.

I'm pleased your husband's back, after so many years of marriage, I still miss mine when he's not here at home!! :-)

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Girlfriend, that was a hard thing for you to do, but of course you and JW have so much to do together you had to decide which was most important.
You are going to love your new home and adventures in Montana, I can hardly wait to hear all about it.
You must be nearly at the last of the moving.

Copyright notice

All text, images and photographs, unless otherwise indicated, on this blog have been created by, and are the property of the blog owner. These images and words may not be copied, saved, reproduced in any form or distributed without written permission of the blog owner. Copyright 2015.