Sunday, December 21, 2008

Life has been so very busy around here for the last few weeks that I have let my blog slip just a bit.

I have been putting a lot of my time into my eBay site and have succeeded in selling most of my homemade Christmas wreaths through that site. I have enjoyed that project from start to finish. I had not been in front of a sewing machine since I made my wedding dress 5 and 1/2 years ago.

And I finished the Christmas Tree Skirt project the day we put up the Christmas tree. I took me 4 months to complete it but it has so many presents sitting on it under the tree that I couldn't even get a picture of it. But I will upload a photo of it on Christmas day. I did most of the handwork each evening as we were watching television so many evenings went by rather quickly.

Our weather has been so cold that we only venture outside to take our sweet puppy Mistaya for walks down our country road. The temperature has been staying around 10 degrees below zero for the last week. And I have discovered that it takes me longer to get all my cold weather gear on than it takes to walk the dog! She is very good about taking care of her chores rather quickly. I am not sure if that is because she thinks it's too cold or because she always gets a tasty biscuit when she gets in the house.

JW has agreed to work a 4 day work week at the Hardware store and we are very happy about that. The best part is that they agreed to give him Mondays off so we can always have a 3 day weekend. The slow economy is starting to be felt here in our little community and we wonder just how much it is going to change things here.

Our Christmas shopping is done and we have finished the gift wrapping chores so we plan to just sit back, drink some hot chocolate, and enjoy this evening. Let's all keep warm!

No comments:

Copyright notice

All text, images and photographs, unless otherwise indicated, on this blog have been created by, and are the property of the blog owner. These images and words may not be copied, saved, reproduced in any form or distributed without written permission of the blog owner. Copyright 2015.