Thursday, May 24, 2007


The evening of our unexpected snow fall about a dozen Hummingbirds showed up at our feeders. I was so thankful that I had just hung up a second feeder on the other end of the deck. They all looked so cold and they spent every possible moment drinking at the feeders. They spent the night hiding in the Lilac bushes amongst the heavy snow laden branches. They spent much of the following morning feeding as much as possible and as the weather warmed they all seemed to move on. I wonder where the migrate to each spring. I was very happy to help them on their way. I hope more stop here in the coming weeks.

As I am sitting here in the office writing this post the sound of thunder is getting louder and louder. The rain is beating down so hard on the roof that I can hardly hear the TV. I love the sound of thunder and rain. Sorry Southern California, I sure wish I could send some your way but we need it too!






1 comment:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

The weather here yesterday was so nice and warm.
I wish we would have that manny hummers at our feeders, we get perhaps two at a time, but they are regular visitors. In fact I think one of them has a nest close by as it makes that warning noise everytime I am close by a certain tree in the yard.

Copyright notice

All text, images and photographs, unless otherwise indicated, on this blog have been created by, and are the property of the blog owner. These images and words may not be copied, saved, reproduced in any form or distributed without written permission of the blog owner. Copyright 2015.